As if college couldn’t get any more stressful, you’ve come down with the flu, a cold, a cough, or some kind of sickness. Oh, but wait! You’ve got classes you can’t miss, tests you need to take, and meetings you need to be at, so what do you do?! Being sick while at college is not only annoying but stressful, but there are easy ways to take care of your matters and get back to being healthy so you can get back to having fun (AKA work).
- Inform Teachers. If you know you’re coming down with a cold go ahead and shoot your professors an e-mail saying you’ve come down with something and will be missing class. Don’t forget to let those in charge of your organizations and/or clubs know as well!
- Get To The Health Center. Most teachers won’t take your word to excuse you from from so go to the doctor and really get checked out, don’t forget to ask for a note. This will also better help you understand how to get back to being healthy!
- Inform Your Roomie. Bugs and sickness travel fast so give your roommate a heads up that you’ve caught something so they can be extra cautionary.
- REST. Don’t over exert yourself, get extra sleep, try to stay in bed, skip the gym for a few days, now is the perfect time to catch up on your Netflix binging.
- Do Work. Yeah I know I just said watch Netflix, but don’t forget that you probably still have assignments to do and turn in so make sure you’re not missing those too.
- Eat Healthy/Take Medicine. Now is not the time to indulge in Mcdonalds, Chick-Fil-A and Dominos pizza, grab some fruit, veggies, pasta, and healthy food to get your health back on track. Take an prescribed medicine from the doctor to get back on your way to being better again!
Being sick is no fun, I get it, but it happens to the best of us. Especially those of us in dorms, close quarters are breeding grounds for germs! To make sure you aren’t getting sick over and over again wash your hands, eat healthy, take your vitamins, and stay away from others that may be sick! Hopefully you’ll be back on your way to a healthy mind and body so you can focus back in on school!
Have more tips for being sick at college? Leave them in the comments below!
Lauren | Simple Southern Belle