She dresses up for football games, she loves baking for anything and everything, and she’s obsessed with Lilly Pulitzer, she’s a southern girl. Being “southern” is a way of life for most and even more so when you attend a college in the south. Everyone loves the stereotypical southern belle, she’s sweet and kind, gorgeous, yet smart. What’s not to love? So today I’m going to share with y’all a southern girl’s favorite things so that maybe you too can get in touch with your inner southern girl.
1. Southern girls love tailgating and of course dressing up at tailgates. Southern girls always have to out do everything and tailgating is a perfect excuse. We can dress up, wear our boots, and drink with the men. It’s the best college past time if you go to school in the south.
2. Southern girls love cooking and baking. Have an event coming up, they will always be ready with cookies in hand. Tailgates need good food too right? They are always there early to make sure everyone is fed properly with their delicious eats!
3. Lilly Pulitzer. This may be an obvious, but it’s a southern girl staple piece. Lilly Pulitzer creates bright and colorful patterned clothes and accessories that match perfectly with the southern girl’s personality. Not to mention it’s classy and cute!
4. Cowgirl boots, these are essential to any southern girl’s wardrobe. They can pretty much be worn with anything, from dresses and skirts to jeans and shorts. Nothing says southern girl quite like a nice pair of boots with a flowing dress.
5. A southern girl never leaves the house without being ready. Even it’s the slightest bit of mascara and powder, she feels the need to look her best at all times. After all you never know who you might run into, and you always seem to run into that one person every time you’re looking like a bum.
Being a southern girl is more than just looks and skills it’s more of an attitude and way of life. A southern girl loves to be the best at everything and loves to take care of everyone around her. Now that you know a southern girl’s five favorite things you too can channel your inner southern girl.