Oh yeah, it’s about that time of year again, no I don’t mean summer, I mean Big lil season! If you’re anything like me the excitement of big lil season is unbearable. Whether you’re going to be a new big or you’re adding another little to the family this post will surely help you become the best big there is and make your relationship with your little one that will last forever.
Big lil season means lots of gifts and presents for your little to welcome her into the sorority and your fam. Maybe you don’t know what you should get her and need some helpful ideas and things she will love! I personally think hand made things are the best (and cheapest) way to spoil your little. You can customize them to her style and your sorority.
- Canvas paintings
- Stitched letters
- Wooden letters
- Your sorority’s mascot or symbol made of wood or trinket
- Wine glass
- Mason Jars
- Monogrammed shirts
- Hand me downs
- Stuffed animals
- picture frames
- Hair ties
How to make her feel at home
One of the most important things as a big is to be a mentor and supporter for your little. It is important for you to make her feel at home in your sorority and grow as a woman. This can easily be done by putting in time and effort to make her feel comfortable and this will also grow your relationship with her!
- Ride with her to chapter
- Eat dinner before or after chapter
- Introduce her to you other friends in the sorority
- Participate in philanthropy events with her
- Invite her to get ready with you before mixers and events
- Sit with her during sorority events or workshops
- Invite her to go out with you and your friends
- Offer to tutor her in a class
- Have weekly family dinner dates (can even be potlucks!)
- Text or call her to wish her good luck on tests, job interviews, dates, etc.
- Be there for her when she’s upset and offer advice and comfort her
We all want that awesome relationship with our little(s) that everyone else is jealous of and people write about on TSM, etc. But, to have a relationship like this you have to work at it! I have compiled a list of things/ways for you and your little to hangout or things to do together.
- Library dates
- Coffee dates
- Craft together
- Go swimming
- Take a vacation together
- Show her your hometown
- Have a Netflix marathon
- Go to a yoga class or the gym
- Take a shopping trip
- Have weekly meals together
- Have a photoshoot together
- Invite her to a social event
With big lil season just around the corner I hope this post gave you several ideas to create an awesome bond between you and your little. From experience I can say that putting the effort into creating a strong relationship with your little is worth it and before long you’ll have that close knit relationship others wish they had!
So, are you taking a little in the fall? Or maybe you’re rushing and you’ll soon have a big?
Till next time,