Living in a sorority house sounds like a blessing to some and a headache to others. However, I have 10 reasons why you should live in your sorority house because trust me it will be one of the best decisions you’ve made in college besides joining your sorority in the first place.
1. You get to live with all of your best friends! What is better than living with multiple of your best friends and having them around all the time. It’s like having a giant slumber party every night.
2. There is always someone around to talk to or vent to. When you’ve had a stressful day or your boyfriend is getting on your nerves, you’ll have a house full of girls who are willing to listen to you rant until you feel better. Then they will probably take you for some frozen yogurt afterwords!
3. You instantly make new friends when living in your sorority house. When you are a part of an organization that may have 150+ girls in it, it can be hard to know each girl on a personal level, by living in the house you can finally meet new girls and make new friends!
4. All the closets. Just imagine, 20-50 girls most of which are the same size as you! That means sharing all of the cute clothes, accessories, and makeup! You’ll never run out of outfits!
5. You will always have someone to go to the gym with you. And vise versa you’ll always have someone to make candy runs with you at 1 in the morning.
6. Study buddies. When you’re living in the house you’ll always have someone to study with, go to the library with, and maybe even someone in the same classes! It’s the perfect study motivation.
7. You’ll always have the inside scoop. You’ll be the first to here the latest gossip or chapter news. Nothing can stay a secret for long in a house full of girls!
8. It’s the perfect pre-party place. Everyone will want to come get ready at the house and hang out before mixers and social events.
9.The chapter room will always be close by. No more being late or rushing to get ready, or forgetting something, because you’ll be just a few short steps from your room where you have it all!
10. You’ll make memories that last a life time. 10 years from now you’ll be glad you had the experience of living in your sorority house and you’ll be thankful for all the fun times, memories, and friends that you made.
Overall I can not suggest enough living in your sorority house at least one year. It’s the best way to get involved in your chapter, get to know your sisters, and make the best of your college years.
Are you living in your sorority house this year? Let me know what you’re most excited for in the comments!