So you’ve been invited to your first ever college party. You’re at a lost, you’ve never been to one and all you have to go off of is your friends stories or those awful movies that portray college parties in the worst way. Well I’m here to say it probably won’t be just like the movies. It’ll more than likely be in a house, dorm, or apartment with lots of other students your age and most but not all will be consuming alcohol. No not everyone will be so drunk they can’t function, most people know their limits. So back to how to prepare, I’m going to share with you how to survive your first college party with 9 simple tips.
- BUDDY SYSTEM. Don’t go anywhere alone, it’s not safe, it’s not fun, and frankly it’s just weird. Take a big group of friends, that way you’ve always got someone around in case something does happen to go wrong.
- Charge Your Phone. I always charge my phone before going out for the night. It’s great for emergencies or just snap chatting your friends or taking cute pics.
- Plan Your Rides. Before going out sit down with your group of friends that you’re going out with and plan your rides out. Have a set designated driver to and from the party, this person SHOULD NEVER DRINK under any circumstances, it’s not safe please don’t do it.
- Bring Your ID and Cash. You’ll want you ID on you for typical reasons and for emergencies, carry cash for things like parking fees, party charges, drinks, cookout afterwards, anything! Cash is best because if it’s lost you won’t have to worry about canceling a credit card, etc.
- Set Limits For Yourself. If you know you don’t want to drink a lot of alcohol set a limit! If you only want to be out for 2 hours, plan for that! You know yourself better than anyone else so think smart about what you want to do.
- Don’t Mix Alcohol. Chances are if you mix your alcohol you’ll end up with an upset stomach and a hangover the next day. So save your self the headache and just choose one.
- Don’t Take Drinks From Strangers. If someone tries to give you a drink that you didn’t see them pour, don’t take it. Make yourself a drink so you know exactly how much alcohol is in it and know that nothing else is going in. Be weary of things like drugs being slipped into drinks. It’s always a safe idea to keep your drink near by and never out of your sight. You can never be too safe.
- DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE. NEVER under ANY circumstances drink and drive or drive under the influence not only are you putting yourself at risk, but also everyone else on the roads. Be smart and don’t do it.
- HAVE FUN! Yes that’s right go have fun! Don’t worry so much. Let loose, dance a little, socialize and meet new people. Play some games, sing a song at the top of your lungs and take some cute pictures to remember the awesome night you will have had.
College parties don’t have to be these huge daunting things. They are a great way to meet new people and let out some stress. Just remember to keep these tips in mind when going out and to use your common sense and stay safe! Have a fun time!
Have more questions about college parties or college in general? Let me know in the comments or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lauren | Simple Southern Belle