So you’ve been blessed with an early morning class while you’re at college, but let me guess you aren’t a morning person by any means? Yeah I thought so, because I’m the same way! Since coming to college I’ve gotten into the routine of staying up late and sleeping in until noon. However I have this dreaded 8 am class twice a week which requires me to be up bright and early, and be ready to pay attention! So, I’ve managed to collect a few tips along the way to help y’all have a smooth sailing morning that’ll have you wide and awake for your morning class!
- Wake up at least an hour before you have to leave. You’ll want to give yourself time to get ready and time to do a few extra things to get you awake and ready for class.
- Set your phone just out of reach so it requires you to get out of bed to turn your alarm off. Once you’re up you’ll start to feel more awake.
- Take 5-10 to just stretch out all of your muscles, doesn’t have to be yoga or anything to intense I just like to stretch out my legs and arms and neck to really loosen up my body.
- Rinse your face with cold water. This should help your eyes and face feel more awake and it’ll get any excess oil and dirt off that was collected from your pillows! (Wash those frequently)
- Have your clothes laid out the night before so no thinking has to go into what you’re wearing!
- Head to the kitchen for some breakfast! This is incredibly important to staying awake and having energy. I usually eat instant oatmeal because it’s quick, yummy, and filling!
- Don’t forget to brush your teeth!
- Have your bag ready and packed the night before so the rest of your morning you’re not running around like a chicken with their head cut off.
- Enjoy your morning! Do what you like to do whether it be watching your favorite netflix show, reading the news, meditating, reviewing last nights homework, or catching up on Instagram.
Welcome to the world of morning people! You can now wake up feeling refreshed, positive, and productive because you’ve taken that extra step in the morning to feel ready and calm for your day. Having an easy morning routine like this makes you ready for your day ahead and you’ll be on your A-game in your morning class! Don’t forget to pack a big bottle of water to keep yourself hydrated and focused during your class!
Have you checked out my Youtube channel yet? NO?! Head on over there today for new videos every week!
Have another tip that might be helpful for early mornings? Leave it in the comments below!
Lauren | Simple Southern Belle