Ah yes, bean boots. This seasons hottest shoe and everyone is itching to get their hands on them. I myself was lucky enough to snag a pair from a close friend who bought them a size too big. Since having them I find myself pairing them with every outfit I put on in the morning. Their comfort, look, and fit are to die for, making them my new go-to shoe.
After purchasing their first pair of bean boots many people are left confused on how to style, tie, wear, etc. their new shoes. Well I’ve decided to save you some time and break it down for you.
Tips When Buying Bean Boots
- Buy them at least a size down, they run incredibly big. I wear a size 10 shoe normally and fit comfortably in an 8 in bean boots.
- Order them in the Spring or Summer, during the winter they are usually on back order till Spring.
- You’ll want to pick up a few pairs of tall socks to wear with your new bean boots too! These help you jeans or pants stay tucked in.
How To Wear Them
- Tall socks are your best friends when it comes to these puppies, without out them your jeans or pants will be coming untucked all day long and trust me it’s obnoxious.
- For girls I suggest always tucking your leggings or pants in, for men untucked or sloppy tends to still look nice for them.
- As you can see in the pictures this is usually how I have mine laced up, I like to tie them in a bow at the top loosely just so the strings aren’t everywhere.
- Loose ties are great for a relaxed effortless look, simply loosen all the strings and your feet will still be secure.
- There are several tutorials on YouTube on how to tie/knot your bean boots in different or cool ways so if you’re interested in different looks I suggest searching there first.
Outfits To Wear With Them
- Blouse/flowy tops, skinny jeans tucked in, Jcrew thermal socks, bean boots. Add a cute scarf and a few accessories to finish off the look.
- Big t-shirt, leggings, thermal socks, bean boots for a more casual look.
- Bundle up in a sweater, coat, jeans, thermal socks, and boots for a cozy winter look.
So you’ve wanted to bean boots for a while but just didn’t know if they’d work for you? Well now you know it all from sizing, styling, and tying. So why not head on over to LLBean and pick up your first pair. From dressing up to dressing down this new shoe is the perfect trend for winter and even transitioning into Spring. So grab your pair and lace up!
Lauren | Simple Southern Belle