We all know healthy eating can be hard, especially with a busy schedule like work or school. I recently started a full time position at a marketing company and I can say that one of the hardest parts has been switching my eating habits. Since I’m sitting at a desk for 8 hours of my day, I’m not getting the same amount of exercise I used to. Which sadly means I can’t eat the way I used to either. One goal I’ve recently been struggling with and striving for is eating healthy, at home and at work. So today’s post is all about how to eat healthy at work or school.
- Meal Prep. This is the number one thing I do to stay on track with eating healthy. Plus it also saves money! Each Sunday and Wednesday I cook enough chicken and veggies for the next few days. I’ll also go ahead and divide out snacks and fruit so I can grab and go in the morning before work.
- Recipes. Pinterest is a great tool for finding unique and fun recipes. If you’re anything like me I get extremely bored extremely fast with meals. I’m constantly finding new recipes, snack ideas, or food inspiration to keep myself interested.
- Don’t Skip Breakfast. Make sure before you’re heading to work or school that you’re eating something for breakfast. By doing this you’ll be fuller longer and won’t be grouchy and irritated by 10 am. I love making fruit smoothies, they’re yummy, fast, and easy to take on the go.
- Snacks. Don’t forget to pack 1-2 snacks for your work day or school day. Since I work 9-5 every day I pack 2. One for around 10 am and another for around 3 pm. Adding snacks gives me something to keep my energy up. Great snack ideas are turkey rolls, fruit, granola bars, hummus and pretzels, and dark chocolate!
- Don’t Deprive Yourself. I’m the type of person that if someone says I can’t have something, I’m going to have it. I try not to deprive myself of things I love such as candy, I just make sure I’m eating in moderation.
I know eating healthy can be a tough habit to start, but we all have to start somewhere. I’m no where near where I want to be as far as eating healthy, but it’s these steps right here that help keep me on track and moving towards my goals. What is your go to meal for lunch? Let me know in the comments below!
Lauren | Simple Southern Belle