Can you believe that it’s already August 1st?! I know I can’t. It seems like summer just started! With the start of August comes the start of a new school year. Whether it’s freshman year of college or senior year of college, it’s time to get organized. One way I love to prepare for the school year is by organizing my backpack and getting my supplies together. Which brings me to today’s post, College Backpack Essentials. Now don’t get me wrong though this can be used for any school level, this is just what I found was most important during my college days.
- Backpack. You want something sturdy that’s going to last you for years. I’ve had my North Face for over 5 years and it’s still going strong. I really suggest using a backpack over a tote bag any day during classes. Tote bags tend to hurt your shoulders and get really heavy.
- Planner. I love my Day Designer, but any planner will do. Once you’re in college you’ll be juggling multiple class assignments, tests, quizzes, papers, extracurriculars and much more. It’s important to keep yourself organized so you don’t forget anything.
- Colorful pens. These are a great way to organize your planner and notes. Use different colors for different classes or topics.
- Water bottle. You want to stay hydrated throughout the day so grab a reusable water bottle and fill it up!
- Headphones. These come in handy more than you think they would. Listen to music on your walk to class. Block out noise in the library. Listen to online lectures and so much more!
- Notebooks. Obviously you’re going to need something to take notes in class with. Notebooks are my favorite to use to stay organized. Have one for each class and you’re good to go.
- Makeup bag. I keep pretty much any necessity I could need during the day in here. Hair ties, bobby pins, gum, quarters, tampons, lip balm, anything you think you may need.
Typically when it comes to packing my backpack for college I find that more is less. You don’t need ten thousand sticky notes, hairbrush, pens galore, highlighters everywhere, and just junk! Limit what you carry to just the essentials so you’re not lugging around a heavy bag all day.
What are you most excited for this school year? Leave your response in the comments below!
Lauren | Simple Southern Belle