It’s December 31st and your sitting there thinking to yourself what are my new year’s resolutions going to be? Should I finally make the commitment to losing weight? Should I vow to travel more? Should I save my money or pay of debt? Whatever your new year’s resolutions may be we all know the struggle of sticking with our plans. It’s easy to write them day and say you’re going to complete them, but in reality life takes over and the resolutions get pushed to the back of the to-do list. Before you know it it’s October and you haven’t completed a single resolution. Well this year is going to be different, you’re going to push yourself to STICK WITH IT. So let’s do it.
- Write out your goals and be specific. The more detailed the better. Once you’ve done that place them somewhere you’ll see them everyday. Creating a vision board can also be helpful!
- Make your goals measurable. Instead of just saying I want to lose weight you would say I want to lose 10 pounds by March 25th or whenever you choose. That way you have a time frame and numbers to hold yourself accountable and keep on track.
- Break each goal down into smaller tasks to help you reach the big end picture. For example you may want to lose those 10 pounds by March 25th, but in what what ways are you going to do that? Maybe you decide you’ll go to the gym 3 times a week or stop drinking soda. Having smaller goals to help you reach your big one will help you stay motivated.
- Remember that just because you slacked off one day, does not mean all of your hard work has gone to waste. Don’t let one bad day ruin it for you. Keep pushing and get yourself back on track. No one is perfect so don’t expect everything to go exactly as you planned.
- Don’t give up, it takes 28 days to build a habit so keep pushing to make your goals and resolutions a part of your every day routine.
There you have it, 5 tips to help you stick with your new year’s resolutions. Just remember that sticking to new habits and plans takes a lot of self motivation. So get up, tell yourself you’ve got this, and let’s rock this year.
Lauren | Simple Southern Belle