Positivity, what’s the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear this word? Is it a certain someone you know that’s always happy? Is it a bright smiling face? Maybe it’s a place. Whatever it means to you it’s certainly something that many of could use a little help in. Frankly, I don’t think anyone could be too positive, but it’s easy to get down, stressed out, and pessimistic when it comes to our busy lives. With all that being said I’ve compiled a list of things that will certainly help you to become more positive.
- Let’s first start out by taking more time to smile. I’m sure you’ve heard it before, but it’s been scientifically proven that people who smile more are generally more happy. So next time you’re walking to class, work, or even in the grocery store try cracking a smile, sometimes you have to fake it till you make it!
- Avoid putting yourself down. I know this is easier said than done, but it starts by changing the way you treat yourself. Start complimenting yourself every morning before you head out there door. You deserve a little recognition.
- Surround yourself with other positive people. Once again science is our friend here, it’s been proven that you tend to act most like the people you closely interact with.
- Compliment at least one person each day. Really want to test yourself here? Try complimenting something about someone that doesn’t have to do with their physical appearance. It’s easy to compliment an outfit or hair, but try something like complimenting their hard work or a smart idea.
- Write down 3 things each day that you’re grateful for. Some days this may simply be the roof over your head or the dinner you had, but it’s important to not take things for granted. I promise this will certainly leave you feeling blessed and full.
All in all becoming a more positive person really starts with how you treat yourself and then how you treat others. It’s time to stop putting yourself down, it’s time to start recognizing the beautiful things in your life. Take time each day to really hone in on some of those small things many of us tend to look past each day. And don’t forget to smile!
Lauren | Simple Southern Belle