As most of you know I’m heading into my third year of college and if there is one thing I’ve learned over my 2 full years of college it’s what things truly are necessities. So I’ve decided to share with y’all my must have things for a college kid. Ranging from accessories, clothes, and even room decor!
- A comfy and stylish bed. There is nothing I love more than coming home from a long day of classes and jumping up onto my comfy bed and taking a nap. As you can see I love having an array of pillows to decorate. My bedding is first from Target and it is part of the Shabby Chic collection. The first pillow on the left is from Daisy Do Designs and it’s monogrammed, doesn’t get much better than that does it?! It’s cute to add a pop of color to your bed and it’s so chic. Next I had an Ikea pillow with a leaf design which is so soft! As you can see above my bed I have this adorable monogrammed wooden cut out. You can find one just like it at SarasCuts. It’s an awesome accent piece to add to your wall and it’s just plain adorable.
2. Tumbler. I need to have a tumbler with me at all times. I love me some water and I have to drink it constantly. So having a cute cup to carry it around in is essential. And if you’re a coffee drinker it’s even better because it will keep your drink warm during class! You can find the one I have at Properly Southern it’s the cutest thing ever!
3. Notepads galore. I use notepads and sticky notes every day. From writing to do list to jotting down a few quick lots. It’s easy to have a few on hand to write anything at quick notice.
4. Comfy Shorts. If you’ve been going to college for a while you’ll understand when I say everyone wears shorts and a t-shirt to class. Not many people dress up. So I found these adorable monogrammed running shorts from Properly Southern. They are my school’s colors too so they are perfect for game days or just wearing around campus.
5. Cork boards. Having these little cork boards has been a great way to post things above my desk where I can see them to when I’m doing homework or working on a test. I have a few upcoming class dates and assignments and even a few sorority tasks I had to get done. Mine are from Target!
6. Something fun! I love theses new Marble stickers for computers, there is something so sleek and exciting about them. You can find some from Marble Decals which is where mine is from. I get so many compliments on this all the time because of how original it is! Adding something exciting like this to your laptop could be a great incentive to study or go to the library to show it off!
Although these things may seem slightly random, all of them are my personal college necessities that I think are important to surviving college. College can be tough if you don’t equip yourself with the right tools and tricks to get by which is why I had to share my necessities with you all!
What are some of your must have things for college? Let me know in the comments!
Lauren | Simple Southern Belle